Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Money Concerns

Sometimes I get depressed about the thousands of dollars in debt I am accumulating due to being a student.
This situation seems pretty shitty... people like me who motivate to better ourselves and contribute to society build up thousands of dollars in debt and spend years paying back the government.
Meanwhile other pieces of shit in this country who plan to never better themselves and never contribute to society, basically leech off of the government, essentially get PAID to do nothing via welfare, unemployment, etc.
Not that I'm saying all of those people don't need it, but there are PLENTY of people cheating the system... don't deny it.
Now is it just me or does this seem Back Asswards?
I work hard, to get a good job... so I can pay back my first 3 years salary for the job I got?
Others... don't have jobs and get paid due to their "inability" to make money or live?

Well anyway... I didn't come here to complain about those who leech off of the government. I don't know enough about welfare and unemployment to rant about it. I'm here to rant about college debt... and how I am starting to feel better about it.

Lately I've been feeling like... you know what, so what if I have thousands of dollars in debt before I even start my life. I know I can do it.
And it's not just for the obvious aspect of "how many people like me are in the same boat."
I mean, that's an obvious factor... plenty of my peers are in the same boat.
But... I'm feeling better because I know I'm a lot more CAPABLE than them with money.

Having worked at Wawa for years, I see how much people SUCK at spending money.
I see the same people come in every day and buy multiple cups of coffe, energy drinks, cigarettes, and other shitty food.
That shit adds up!
Those douche bags that "need a kick" in the morning, buy multiple red bulls a day. That's a lot of money. 2 red bulls is 5 bucks. 2 every day. A pack of cigarettes every day at 6 bucks a pop. 3 cups of coffee a day at 1.50. Someone that needs all three of those things is spending 10 bucks a day right there.
That's money I won't be spending. I don't smoke, drink coffee, nor am I a tool to the energy drink trend.
Then of course we can factor in people who drink every day... people who eat out all the time.
People spend a lot of money they could easily save if they had some control and intelligence.
Not to mention, so many Americans are materialistic... people need nice cars, new phones every 6 months, nice clothes...
There goes tons more money on things that aren't ESSENTIAL.
What's wrong with a working used car? A phone that doesn't have this months latest phone upgrade? Not having a polo shirt for every day of the month?

I'll be fine once I get into the real world with all my debt.
Because I'm smarter with my money than most of the pieces of shit out there with the same amount of debt as me.
I'm not the smartest... but I'm certainly smarter than the people I see in Kutztown every day.


But I'm still pissed that the system works in a way the fucks students over... there has to be a better way to do this stuff.

Oh, and a final note.
To those students who go to college just because their parents can easily pay for it, but who don't genuinely give a shit about it.
Fuck you... if you don't wanna be here have your parents pay for someone else to go.

No comments: